You have a drop box; how about a pickup box?
Does your shop have a pickup key box? It should. I’ve adapted this idea in my own shops and think it will become the normal just as the drop box. To be honest, I don’t know why it hasn’t been the norm before now. Leaving a customer’s keys in their gas tank or under their driver’s side floor mat always seemed like a bad idea. I bought speed boxes (https://speedbox247.com/) for both my shops and should have done it long ago.
Why should you have a pickup box?
- It’s much safer than leaving the keys in an unsecure position.
- You can easily text the code to the customer.
- Your customer will perceive your shop as a caring and thoughtful one.
- It isn’t that expensive to buy and implement.
- It’s efficient and just makes good, common sense.
Check out this quick, one minute video where one of my managers, Clifford, gives a simple walk-through on how to use the pickup box for our Golden Rule customers.
Architect/President at Autoflow
The Desire for Continuous Improvement
As an auto repair shop owner of Golden Rule Auto Care, Chris Cloutier realized the need for a better way to communicate with his customers as he observed how communication gaps created bottleneck situations and wasted valuable rack time.