The ability to suspend, activate, and reset the password for all other shop users is done in one place, the Manage Users page.
How to Access Manage Users
Adding a New User
- To get started select the blue +Add New User box in the top right and a page will open.
- Choose a job role for the user and input their first and last name.
- Next enter the employee email and phone number.
- Last, the username will automatically generate using the first and last name. This can be changed if desired. Then just create a password and select the Add New User blue box to finish.
Resetting User Passwords
- At the manage users page, click the lock icon for a user to reset the password for that user.
- Administrators do not need to know their users old password. Enter the desired password in both fields, then click Change Password.
- For security purposes password requires a minimum of 12 characters and:
- At least one Upper Case
- At least one lower case
- At least one number
- At least one special character
- New users must be activated before the account can be used.
- An activation email is sent, but not an activation text.
- To activate or reactivate the user, click the power button.
- Admins can do this immediately after creating a user. so logins can be used immediately with no need to check emails.
- Any suspended users will be displayed with a red background.
- Suspending or deleting a user force-logs them our of the tool.
Note: Deleting a user is safe to do. This is actually a “soft delete.”
Please be aware, you can only re-add deleted users by opening a support ticket: support@Autoflow.com
Since deleting a user will NOT affect your reporting for those users our advice is to keep this user list clear of any old users.
In the Edit User page you have a variety of options to define your teams experience with the tool:
- Add a profile picture, email, and cell number (Image is client-facing, contact info is NOT)
- Change the name or username.
- Choose to give the techs access to TechFlow.
- Grant the ability to push data to your Shop Management System.
- Enable access to other users’ ticket assignments.